Saturday, June 29, 2013

Radiology Graduation Party - Bone Theme


My lithe sister graduated from Radiology School and we were going to throw her a party.  I searched for hour on Pintrest and other websites for ideas on how to decorate... and found nothing!  The closest thing I found was some ideas for Halloween decorations and nursing school graduation.  So I took these ideas into consideration and this is what I came up with...



 This was a simple sign.  I took yellow poster board, cut out the circle, then drew and colored in the black part.  For the words, I got lazy.  I printed them off the computer, colored them with a highlighter to get the bright yellow color, then colored black in between the letters.  It would have been better if I had of cut the letter out and glued them down individually... but like I said, I got lazy. 



I found pictures of clipart bones online and printed out a ton!  I could have made all the letters out of the same standard bone shape, but I wanted to incorporate the other bones... so I got creative! I think it turned out really well.  Congratulations is such a l-o-n-g word, that it was HUGE by time I got finished. 




This was an idea that I kind of stole from Pintrest.  There was a picture of a "clothes line" strung up with letters and pictures hung on it.  I thought that would be perfect for this party.  I kept thinking about people who develop pictures the "old fashion" way and hang them up to dry.  So I printed some pictures of x-rays to hang up.  Mom hung up the Skeleton, wearing Leslie's scrub shirt and decorated the table with pictures from her pinning ceremony and graduation ceremony.




This was one of my favorite things!  I wish I could take credit for the idea, but it was my Mom's idea.  I just helped her execute it.  We took the kiddie pool, washed it out, covered it with a round black table cloth and filled it with ice.  I took different tupperware containers and filled them with water to make ice.  I used this ice to make the bowls sit level at different heights, to make it it look a little more unique or fancy. :-)   We placed the same dishes on both sides to continue the flow of two lines, one on each side of the table. 





Veggie Man!! I found a picture of one like this on Pintrest but I made mine a little different.  I added a face and changed some things.  I think he's cute!



OK... I have to admit, I didn't make the skeleton.  Although I did fool a few little kids into thinking I hand carved it out of a block of chocolate... I really just ordered a mold off of ebay.  But I did make the cake, ice the cake and I poured the chocolate in the mold.  :-)



Yes, even the watermelon had to be carved into a bone shape!  I sliced the top off the watermelon, then carved the bone out of the top.  By doing it this way it was easier to fill the watermelon back up with fruit.  I just used toothpicks to hold the lid back on the watermelon, then when time to serve, I pulled the bone shape out and... ta-da! 




1 comment:

  1. Graduation parties are not only motivational but also full of enthusiasm. My cousin planned a Dj party with all her friends at one of the lovely convention center in New York. Saw the pictures posted by her on social media. Was not able to attend the event because of my exams. All her friends seem to be greatly excited.

    ReplyDelete